Declaring the Major / Minor

To Declare the major/minor in legal studies:

  1. Complete and pass LGST 10 with a grade of C or better;
  2. Fill and complete the Academic Planning Form
    1. See below for instructions on how to fill out the Academic Planning Form
    2. ** If you are already declared in a major, please obtain an updated-signed academic planning form from your major advisor. Once this has been obtained, connect with the Legal Studies advisor to get declared in the minor.
  3. Once you complete the form, please share the google sheet with the Legal Studies Undergraduate Advisor Yanin Monter at along with a message noting you are wishing to declare the major.

Filling out the Academic Planning Form:

  1. Tab 1 (Acad Plan)
    1. Fill in your information at top
    2. Adjust years on left-hand side to reflect years of attendance
    3. Fill in Lgst courses taken under appropriate term
    4. Fill in Lgst courses you anticipate taking in current academic year (refer to course listings here)
    5. For following years, note remaining Lgst courses as "Lgst Theory, Lgst PLI..." (For Lgst minors, note "Lgst Upper-div")
  2. Tab 2 (Major / Minor Worksheet)
    1. Fill in only with courses taken thus far
    2. Use drop down arrows to help select courses
      1. You can also use this as a guide to help you select courses and see what requirements you have remaining


Need helping filling out the forms? Reach out to our peer advisors here!



See Also